Sunday, July 15, 2007

I was anticipating a good night out in Seoul lastnight. My friend Eun Young, some of her friends, and I were going to go out for drinks and dancing. We decided to get some Spanish food for dinner before heading out and we had to walk down a narrow, car-lined road. I noticed a car coming up behind us so I moved over but I guess Mejeong Poon didn't notice. I tried to pull her out of the way but the car HIT her! You hear of this happening a lot in Seoul but I hadn't experienced it yet! She was bent over crying and holding her ankle. The driver of the car must have been slow or something because he was just standing there. As my friends tried to figure things out with the driver I kinda just stood around and wondered what was going on. haha. The benefits of not speaking any Korean is that you don't have to get involved in situations like this. Her ankle was scraped, bruised, and swollen. They decided she should go to the hospital to get it checked out. We took the dude's phone number and then went to the hospital. She got her ankle x-rayed. The driver of the car was called to come and pay for her hospital bills. He arrived with his boss. Apparently he was a valet parking attendant at a fancy restaurant. Once the hospital bill was paid for the manager of the restaurant invited us back to enjoy some free Chinese food and wine. Sweet. So, after a car accident and 2 hours in the hospital we were able to start our night with some fantastic food.

No comments: