Monday, January 01, 2007

12 Million People in a Square

Seoul has a population over 12 million and I'm pretty sure all of us were at Jongno to bring in the new year. It was INSANE. I have never been somewhere with so many people before. The crowds would pull you with them leaving your friends behind. It was well worth the struggle though. To see thousands of happy people and thousands of fireworks at the strike of 12 was something I'll never forget.

Some pictures. I don't know how to put a video in this thing or I'd show you one.

Hundreds of police lined the streets.


The subway station after midnight.


Nicole, Emmanuella, Jen and me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dianne,
It's Grandma and Aunt Patti-wacki. I knew you couldn't resist a man in uniform! bet you didn't dare to talk to them - strictly work from their end eh?
We all miss you here.
Grandma says it looks like you are enjoying your new home for a year.
Love from both of us!