Thursday, December 28, 2006

Safe and Sound

I made it home from Thailand. My back is cured. Korean drugs are a dream come true. I was hurting pretty bad for the first 4 days of my vacation but the drugs seemed to ease the intense pain.

I'm sure there is lots I could say about Thailand. It was relaxing. Jennifer and I spent day after day on the beach or by the pool, as well as experiencing the local culture and scenery. The landscape is beautiful. The people are incredibly friendly. I don't know if I would return but it was definitely a worthwhile visit.

I've been thrown back into a busy schedule at work (very unusual at my job). We are teaching about 100 Korean English teachers. It's an intensive English program for selected English teachers in Korean middle and highschools. My class is killer. Their English is at a fairly high level and they have a great sense of humour. I'm looking forward to the training program. They are also excited about the professional development, but mostly a break from their students.

My thoughts are all over the place lately. I've come to terms with living in Korea. I'm over that "what am I doing here" hump. It's still hard to come home from a vacation to a home that doesn't always feel like home.

This was a bad blog. Sorry. I promise to return with something not so scrambled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely know what you mean about coming "home", but not coming HOME. the worst was when I came back to Japan from being at home! Talk about a brain-scrambler; I was all messed up for three days!

The best advice I've heard about this is [blinks, confused]...this: "Know where you are. Be where you're at." Enjoy the journey.

Thailand sounds awesome though; I'm so sad I'm going to miss it before going home-ish. You need to put pictures up!

Now if you'll excuse me; I'm off to dip mini chocolate bars in custard. :)