Friday, May 25, 2007

Thanks for all the comments folks. It's good to hear that people actually read this thing.

Not much is happening in Korea. I've been a little down lately about my job. It's a routine and everyday is the same thing. I either have students at my school for 4 days where I teach the same lessons everytime we have students, or we don't have students for months at a time and I sit around and think about what else I could be doing elsewhere.

My friend, and partner in crime, Jen is leaving Korea on June 17th. In less than a month I will be in a foreign country almost completely alone! It's kinda a scary thought. I'm going to miss Jen being next door to me. I'm going to miss having a familiar person from home that knows me and can relate with me. I will probably have a 55 year old New Zelander move in and really what do I have in common with a person I can't even understand. Seriously, I can understand a kid that barely speaks English but a New Zelander -- I have no clue what they are saying. They speak English but I need a translator. I will be okay though. I've become quite the independent person since moving away. It feels good.

I'm going to a soccer game tomorrow. I have to wake up at 6:30am ON A SATURDAY. It should be fun though.

Oh yeah, watched Blades of Glory tonight - dumb movie. I don't recommend.

Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you...

I was writing a paper last night while listening to BNL... thought of our vow to come home for a concert every time they play, regardless of where we'd be. It was easy to make in ninth grade but difficult to keep... I think I was the first to miss out (sorry!) and then you soon followed! Look forward to restarting it when you get back (and they put on a concert)...

Take care out there!

~ A.L.H.