Sunday, December 17, 2006

Folks, there is a moral to this story

I cannot move today. My back is in bad shape.

The ladies from the office decided it was time to celebrate our Merry Christmas in Korea before Jen and I took off to Thailand. We went out to my favourite bar in Seoul lastnight. The bar is Tinpan. It's small, a tad dirty, lots of bar space and a small dance floor -- but most importantly you can have a shot of tequila for 2000 won (2 dollars). It's the type of bar where after a couple weekends of being there it seems everyone knows your name. Is that a good thing? I don't know.

As a lot of you know, I love to dance. I'm not that great but I still enjoy a good night out for dancing. We met up with some of our friends at Tinpan and the night began to pick up. I was dancing with my Korean friend when he decided it would be a good idea to pick me up while we were dancing. So, being the moron that I am, I thought it would be a good idea to pick him up. BIG MISTAKE. By the time Jen, Emmanuella and I made it back to Yeongjeongdo (at 6:15AM) I was hunched over in pain. By the time I got up to the ninth floor I could barely move. And today, even after a full 12 hours of sleep I am having trouble moving around.

So, the moral of the story is:

Do not pick up your friends on the dance floor.

Jen and I leave tomorrow. I hope I'm able to board the plane without too many problems.

P.S. It snowed lastnight! It really felt like a Merry Christmas in Korea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I feel your pain!!! That totally sucks. How long is your flight?... I'll be thinking of you!!!
SArah

Anonymous said...

Have a Merry Christmas. You know we will miss you. I'm glad it snowed for you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey you... hope you are having a fantastic time "over there"! I am also a card-carrying member of the "we are thinking of you, we miss you, and we hope you have a very Merry Christmas" bandwagon. Take care my friend!

~ Amanda